Hometown – Milford Haven, Wales
Mikey has been involved in swimming since the age of 7. He swam to a national level with both Pembrokeshire County Swimming and City of Swansea Aquatics. He also represented Swim Wales in Luxembourg back in 2014.
Starting his coaching career at the back end of 2015, he was working within the age group setup at City of Swansea Aquatics. Swimmers from that setup have gone on to win National medals as well as break Welsh and British National age group records. Becoming Head Coach at City of Hereford SC at the age of 20 came with its challenges, however the rewards massively outweighed the challenges. The club saw a 40% increase in size between 2016-2020, as well as double the amount of county qualifiers and almost triple the amount of regional qualifiers. Swimmers earned success at county, regional, home nations and British national level.
Mikey is a highly motivated individual with an ‘all in’ attitude. He is looking forward to heading up the age group section at City of Oxford. Learning from and supporting the coaching team in delivering a first class training programme, guiding swimmers on their holistic journey in swimming.
- 2:1 Bsc Business Management from Swansea University
- ASA Level 1 Certificate in Coaching Swimming
- ASA Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Swimming
- Swim England Senior Coach Certificate (previously Level 3)
- FAA Level 1 Awareness of First Aid for Mental Health
- Worcestershire County Assistant Coach 2017.
- West Midlands Regional Programme – Skills Coach 2018.
- West Midlands Assistant Coach – Amiens 2019.
- West Midlands Regional Programme – Head Coach 2019 & 2020.
- Swim England Pathway Coach Programme Graduate 2020.
- Placed swimmers on county, regional and national development pathways.
- Coached swimmers up to Home Nations/British National medals and qualifying for British Championships/Olympic Trials.
- City of Swansea Aquatics – Assistant Age Group Coach 2015-2016
- City of Hereford SC – Head Coach 2016-2020
- City of Oxford SC – Head Age Group Coach 2020-present’