The Club is looking for a Level 2 coach to support the current timetable across a number of pool locations in Oxford. As Development Coach you will work with the full-time coaching team across City of Oxford Swimming Club and will be responsible for the development of Junior swimmers. This position may also include some teaching in our lessons programme.
There is opportunity for working alongside our Senior Coaching staff to ensure your future development.
Minimum ASA Level 2 coach. Also desirable is National Pool Lifeguard Qualification & Level 2 ASA Teacher qualifications – the successful candidate will be expected to obtain this if not already achieved.
Salary: Starting salary pa £19,000 – £21,000.
Hours: This is a full-time position and successful candidate will be required to work at weekends.
Contract duration: Offered as a fixed term contract for one year, commencing September 2019 until the end of the swimming season (August 2020) but subject to review and extension.
You are responsible through the Head Coach to the Chair of the City of Oxford Swimming Club for:
- Development and delivery of coaching services for Junior swimmers
- Swim teaching when needed within City of Oxford Learn to Swim Programme in accordance with Swim England’s National Plan for Teaching Swimming of Stages
- Deliver and provide a land training program as prescribed by the Lead Strength & Conditioning Coach
- Assisting the Head Coach in delivering a high standard of swimming coaching to the Club
- Assisting in maintaining the Club at Swim Mark Competitive Development level;
- Supporting the Senior Coaching team in the selection and management of swimmers for team competitions
- Together with the Head Coach, advising the Club Committee on all matters of swimming coaching
- Observing Health and Safety, Equal Opportunities and Anti-Discrimination across all squads
- Working with the Head Coach and the Club Committee to maximise income potential for the club
- Attending weekly Coaches meetings
- Attending competitions.
Delivery of swimming coaching
- Coaching Junior swimmers with an emphasis on skill development as directed by the Head Coach
- Liaise with the Coaching team regarding the progression of swimmers through the programme
- Providing coaching support for other competitions as agreed with the Head Coach
- Coordinating the activities of swimmers including; planning; individual feedback and target setting; continual monitoring of development; and attendance at competitions
- Ensuring swimmer development plans are in place and these are aligned with appropriate progression
- Ensure that session registers are completed on Swim manager
- Assisting the Head Coach in ensuring that all squad’s sessions are covered by a suitable coach. This includes those occasions when taking holiday or absent from the poolside at competitions
- Liaising with the Head Coach on matters of policy and discipline as necessary
- Any reasonable duties as might, from time to time, be requested by the Head Coach
You are expected to attend competitions, which could include, but are not limited to, the following:
- National Arena League
- COSC Level 3 meets;
- COSC Development Meets;
- Milton Keynes Junior League;
- ONB County Championships;
- South East Regional Age Groups
- Open Meets, as designated by the Head Coach
Health and Safety, Equal Opportunity and Anti-Discrimination Legislation
- Ensure all applicable Swim Mark requirements are fully incorporated in the running of all poolside activities, land training and competitions.
- Ensure the Welfare Officer is made aware of any accidents or incidents that might occur during a training session.
- Ensure compliance with all Equal Opportunities and Anti-Discrimination Legislation
Other Relevant Matters
- National Pool Lifeguard Qualification is desirable for this post.
- Level 2 Swim Teachers qualification is desirable for this post.
- All coaches are expected to represent and promote the interests of the City of Oxford Swimming Club.
- All coaches are expected to promote swimming throughout Oxford and the role the City of Oxford Swimming Club plays.
- Driving license and car owner is preferred as it is necessary to get across the city to the different sites.
An Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service checks will be carried out on successful candidate.
Full job description and person specification can be found here> Development Coach JD 190619
Please send your application to email@example.com
Closing date for applications is 30th September 2019.