Developing Confident, Happy Swimmers!
Welcome to The City of Oxford Swimming Club’s (COSC) Learn to Swim Programme! We are a swim school with a difference! As the foundation of COSC, our teaching team aspires to deliver fun, creative and safe lessons for every swimmer.
Alongside teaching the fundamental skills of how to swim, we also introduce competitive swimming practices and skills in to our lessons. Skills which make someone a swimmer, not just someone who knows how to swim.
What We Offer:
- We introduce the mechanics of all four strokes as early as Stage 1.
- Swimmers will be introduced to competitive skills alongside their stroke development, as our teachers develop stroke efficiency, under water kick and much more.
- Water Safety and Self-Rescue skills are taught throughout our lessons programme.
- Additionally, we offer opportunities to learn some basic open water skills, artistic swimming and water polo.
Who We Are:
- Our teachers are fully qualified Swim England instructors. Our pathway follows the Swim England Learn to Swim Programme from Stages 1 through to 6. For more information please click the link: Learn to Swim Stage 1-7 Awards | Swim England Learn to Swim (swimming.org)
- COSC is very proud to present a young volunteers programme and is of great benefit for our learners as they will often have the benefit of two teachers. Often our volunteers are swimmers from COSC competitive swimmers scheme!
Where to find us:
Each of our 30 minute lessons take place at Oxford High School, from 15:00 – 18:00 every Sunday.
Term Dates 2021
September 5, 12, 19, 26
October 3, 10, 17, 24, 31
November 7, 14, 21, 28
December 5, 12, 19
Christmas Break, No Lessons for 26th December and 2nd January
January 9, 16, 23, 30
February 6, 13, 20, 27
March 6, 13, 20, 27
April 3,10, 24
Easter Break, No Lesson for 17th April
May 1, 8, 15, 22, 29
June 5, 12, 19, 26
July 3, 10, 17, 24