City of Oxford Swimming Club joined 9 other teams from Cardiff, Derby, Millfield, Northampton, Guilford, Plymouth, Stockport, Wycombe and Hatfield at the National Arena Swimming League Final 2019 at Cardiff International Pool. This premier event in the swimming calendar decides the top ten clubs nationally and is the conclusion after three previous rounds in the corresponding district leagues, with Oxford taking part in the Southern League alongside Wycombe and Guilford.
This fast-paced event showed great team spirit and proved that our raging bull swimmers were up for the challenge and ready for serious fast racing in the 50m pool. Outstanding performances or steals as they’re known in the league occurred in the following events and helped the team finish 7th overall with a point’s total of 257. The overall winners of the event were Plymouth and Leander with 361 points.
- Girls 11 and under 4 x 50m freestyle relay (Pearl Sophastienphong, Zara Porter, Scarlett Shorter and Bella Green) were ranked 7th and finished 4th.
- Girls 13 and under 4 x 50m medley relay (Megan Peake, Ellen Bagley, Lilly Brabin and Mila Burovska) were ranked 8th and finished 3rd.
- Women’s open 4 x 50m medley relay (Emily Ford, Illizane Pinfold, Kate Mills and Safiya Sillah) were ranked 3rd and finished 2nd.
- Boys 13 and under 100m breaststroke, Oli Conway was ranked 9th and finished 7th.
- Women’s open 100m Fly, Kate Mills was ranked 4th and finished 3rd.
- Men’s open 100m Fly, Chris Motha was ranked 10th and finished 9th.
- Boys 13 and under 100m backstroke, Chris Skelton was ranked 9th and finished 7th.
- Girls 15 and under 100m Fly, Delphine Little was ranked 7th and finished 6th.
- Men’s open 100m backstroke, Dan Jenkins was ranked 4th and finished 2nd
- Girls 11 and under 100m breaststroke, Zofia Conway was ranked 10th and finished 9th
- Boys 11 and under 100m breaststroke, Jeffery Cheung was ranked 6th and finished 1st.
- Boys 13 and under 100m freestyle, Chris Skelton was ranked 8th and finished 5th.
- Men’s open 100m freestyle, Dan Jenkins was ranked 10th and finished 9th.
- Boys 11 and under 4 x 50m medley relay (Monty Salmon, Jeffery Cheung, Ted Bowling and Faaris Sharif) were ranked 7th and finished 6th.
- Boys 13 and under 4 x 50m freestyle relay (Andrew Taylor, Kayden Sillah, Lachlan Middleton and Chris Skelton) were ranked 9th and finished 8th.
- Boys 15 and under 4 x 50 medley relay (Nick Skelton, Billy Wotton, Geo Ratouly and Logan Bryan) were ranked 4th and finished 2nd.
- There was also a 1st place position for David Murphy in the men’s open 100m breaststroke.
Missed the final, you can check out all the action in the following video.
Photo gallery from the National Arena Swimming League Final