The Fixtures team would like to say a big thank you to all the parents/ swimmers who have taken the time to familiarise themselves with swim manager, and who have been patient and understanding whilst the meet team learn the best and most efficient ways to use the software. Our biggest challenge currently is amending / chasing entries and payments. In order to make this task more manageable we propose to implement the following process change effective immediately: When the meet deadline has passed, any entries left in draft or unpaid will not be processed and the fixtures team will not chase or remind members for information as this has become too onerous. The rest of the process remains unchanged and as a reminder, is detailed below.
- Members will be sent an email generated by swim manager alerting that a meet will be about to open (as current)
- Members will need to go to relevant meet on either our website or the host clubs website to print the meet pack. (as current)
- Members will need to discuss entries with relevant coach (as current)
- One day before the meet closes, swim manager will generate another email informing members that the meet is about to close. (as current)
- When the meet is closed to members, any entries left in draft or unpaid will no longer be processed and the fixtures team will no longer chase members for information.
- When the club receives the accepted entry list, this will be published in the Newsletter and on our website. Members are expected to check this for errors and if there is an error to email fixtures immediately. (as current)
- It is important to note that the date of entry closure in the host club meet pack is the ultimate deadline for clubs to send their files and payment, and this NOT our entry closure date in SwimManager! That one as to be earlier, with a gap of a few days to allow for the entry team to process it all. (as current)Where possible the meet team always try to add the meet pack document (pdf) as an attached document directly to the meet in SM. All that has to be done is to do is click on the meet name itself (not “Enter Meet”) next to the swimmers name in the MEETS section, and this is where members will find all the extra details on the meet, where they’ll be able to download the meet pack to check the event schedule easily.
Many thanks for your understanding in this matter. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.
The fixtures team